Saturday, September 19, 2009

It Won't Be Like This For Long...

It's hard to believe, but this Thursday (17th) Ryan was 1 month old. For each of the last 4 weeks we've said to him, "1 week ago at this time (or 2 or 3) Mommy was working really hard to get you here." or... "We were cuddling you for the first time." I know they say it will only go faster, so we are trying our hardest to take in as much of it as we can. On a daily basis I think of (and of course get all teary eyed) about the Darius Rucker song, "It Won't Be Like This For Long". These are the words that make my waterworks flow...

He didn't have to wake up
He'd been up all night
Lay'n there in bed listen'n
To his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says
It's gonna be OK

It wont be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laugh'n
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
It wont be like this for long

On Tuesday we went to have pictures taken for the first time. Below are some of my favorites...

Ryan's 1 month stats from his doctor's appointment:
Weight: 11 lbs 14 oz (95%)
Height: 23 1/4 in (97%)
Head: 15 in (95%)

2 comments:

Kristen B. said...

From the beginning it seemed like Ryan looked like his daddy's mini-me, but in these new pics, he looks (to me at least) soooo much like your mom! He's such a beautiful baby. I can't wait to meet him!

Debbie said...

Finally I get to see some pics!! I keep forgetting about your blog. He's precious!!! Where did he get all that hair??? He's already looking like a little boy. It goes too fast. I love the last pic with such a big smile. Can't wait to meet him.